Studio Policy 2016
Thank you for choosing us as your piano teacher/singing teacher! In order to ensure that you get
the most effective and creative teaching possible, I have established the following policies.
- Fees are paid advanced by the term, monthly or fortnightly and are not refundable.
- Lessons are conducted during school terms. Holiday lessons can be arranged and are encouraged when students are sitting exams.
- Fees are payable by Paypal, direct account transfer or cash.
- If paying by direct transfer, please include name and weeks paid for in description.
- If a teacher is away, a make-up lesson will be arranged at a mutually suitable time.
- Lateness to lessons cannot be made up.
- Minimum of three hours notice for make-up lessons is required. Failure to do so may result in the lesson fee being forfeited.
- PLEASE NOTE: It is expected that students commit to a minimum of two terms.
- Four weeks of notice is required should students withdraw from enrolment.
- Students are expected to bring an exercise book and music book to all lessons.
- It is the students responsibility to practice on a regular basis. The lack of progress is usually the result of inconsistent practice.
- For piano students; acoustic pianos are preferable although 88 key weighted keyboards with pedals are acceptable. Quality instruments are critical in developing a students musical potential.
- The entering of students in exams is at the teachers discretion, as is withdrawing and deterring exams.
- If students are enrolled in exams, they must realise the importance of regular practice, including technical work.
Photo and Video Release
- Pictures and videos of my students may be posted on my studio website or included in studio publications with no names attached.